Tuesday 27 November 2018

DJ Diary - Week 2

DIARY ENTRY - 4th December
This week I came prepared with my own tracks to mix. I created a playlist of 15 songs a week prior and downloaded them this week onto my google drive for the upcoming session. I spent the session beat matching the tracks and seeing what goes well with each other. I also began to advance with the use of effects, however my use with these was limited as my skills in mixing aren't at the level of mixing two tracks together yet so it was difficult trying to add these effects.


I also realised that mixing trap, hip-hop or anything with rap can be difficult to mix, which led me to having second thoughts about the genre I want to do for my set. I was thinking of switching to a garage/jungle set which is a genre that reaches my personal taste but also of some of my hypothetical target audience.

I decided to stick with a Trap/Drill playlist as although it is a challenge for a first set, I wanted go for this challenge as these genres are at my upfront of taste and I feel more passionate about songs of this genre

No comments:

Post a Comment

CP: Final Product