Sunday 17 March 2019

Class Playlist Reviews

J-Jai - The Driving melody is very catchy and the steel pan sound creates a nice vibe. In terms of drums, the slow skippy beat is perfect for the mood of the beat while the 808 fits very well with the pans. I would suggest a little less distortion on the bass and slight EQ and noise level adjustments to the steel pans as
 

Ayisha - The wobbly piano in this track I really like as it is unpredictable and the panning creates an atmosphere. The way she has layered and introduced new sounds I like as well. I would suggest a fair amount of EQ work and also some noise levelling with the piano



JACOB - The melody has a nice sound to it and has a cool reverb on it that makes it sound retro. This is paired with a similar chord groove giving the track some nice texture. I would really like to see more

MAX - The driving melodies and chords are detailed, giving it more complexion . The occasional de-tuning of it also makes the sound unpredictable. I think the kick and 808 is sitting too high in the mix and is slightly overpowering the other sounds

HESKEY - The track contains a lot of nice piano layers that sit well together and the quality of sound within the drums and bass is of a high standard. The FX is also catchy and the panning work creates a dark atmosphere to the track

D'ANGELO - I really like the lo-fi base sound and enjoy the bit-crush on it as well as subtle keys a long side it. The contrast of this and the trap drums sounds nice also. One thing I would change is the length of the intro as I believe it is too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CP: Final Product